If, with regard to food, salt is controversial about its benefits or harm to the body, and nutritionists often recommend to opt out of its use, the skin and hair of salt, on the contrary, will be of great benefit.
Salts differ in composition, color, production method.
Sea salt is produced by evaporation of the water of the seas, oceans, or salt lakes. With this method, the salts remain in all minerals. There are a wide variety of sea salts, including salts formed off the coast of France, Israel, the Pacific, the Dead Sea. Depending on from which salt water is obtained, it has a different composition of minerals. In turn, various impurities and minerals give different colors (eg, white, gray, red, brown, black) salt and a variety of useful properties.
Sodium chloride is mainly a chemical compound – sodium chloride comprised 40% sodium and 60% chlorine. It is extracted from salt deposits in the ground and largely processed to produce “pure” salt. Processing removes salt and minerals are elements that are good for the skin and hair.
Rock salt, such as Epsom (Epsom salt) or Himalayan salt, also contains large amounts of mineral elements (calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium, copper, etc.), which are extremely useful for the skin and hair.
This conventional and familiar to us food ingredient can help make the skin smooth, shiny hair, white teeth, and nails are beautiful, strong and healthy.
Many high-end spa treatments as a main ingredient is used sea salt. She applied for the manufacture of many cosmetic products, such as bath salts, soaps and body scrubs.
Our body contains the same concentration of minerals and nutrients, as well as sea water. It is therefore not surprising that sea salt is a natural ally to balance, protect and restore the body and skin.
One of the major differences between sea salt and ordinary – the content of minerals, including magnesium, calcium, sodium, potassium, which play a key role in the health and functioning of our skin. When the balance of minerals in the skin is broken, then there is dryness, irritation and pimples, especially in cold and dry weather.
Sea salt is full of vitamins and minerals, which are necessary to ensure adequate supply of skin cells.
Sea salt helps to restore the balance of minerals in the skin and improve its hydration, strengthen the skin’s protective barrier, activates the cells, which slows down with age.
Sea salt is frequently used in soaps, masks, toners and cleansers for acne treatment. Sulfur helps synthesize oxygen, whereas potassium maintains the water balance in the cell metabolism. Calcium cleanses pores, making cell membranes more; Magnesium removes dirt and toxins from the skin.
Salt for use in masks and scrub the skin, should have a smooth, fine granules, without sharp edges so that they do not scratch the skin.
Face mask of sea salt
And salt, and honey have anti-inflammatory properties to soothe the skin and eliminate acne and irritation. Also, these components help to balance the sebum and maintain hydration (moisture) in the layers of the skin where it is most needed.
- Mix two teaspoons of sea salt (finely ground) with four teaspoons of honey to the consistency of paste. Apply evenly to clean, dry skin, avoiding the eye area. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. Before rinsing, soak a soft foam sponge of very warm water and gently squeeze. Sponge remove the mask in a circular motion. Wash with warm water. Apply cream.
Face mask with Epsom salts
For normal to oily skin:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of cognac, 1 egg, 1/4 cup milk, juice of 1 lemon and half a teaspoon of Epsom salts.
For normal to dry skin:
- Mix 2 teaspoons finely grated carrot (or 1 teaspoon of carrot juice), 1.5 teaspoons of mayonnaise and a half-teaspoon of Epsom salts.
Apply the mask to damp skin. Hold for 15 minutes, then massage the skin and rinse with warm water.
Tonic for face with sea salt
Salt deeply cleans pores, regulates the skin oils that reduces fat and kills bacteria that can cause acne.
- Mix one teaspoon of sea salt in 100 grams of warm water in a small spray bottle until the salt has dissolved. Spray on clean, dry skin, avoiding the eyes. Use daily twice a day.
Facial Toner for acne prone skin
- In a spray bottle, combine 2 cups of water, 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of sea salt. Spray the face, avoiding the eyes. Then,
when the skin is dry, apply a moisturizing cream.
When used as a scrub, salt gently cleanses pores and exfoliates (removes dead skin cells to promote skin renewal, as well as reveal a softer, younger-looking and healthy skin at the bottom). Exfoliation is important for healthy, youthful, glowing skin. Dead skin cells not only clog the pores, they also make your skin dull, sluggish, which makes age. Scrubbing removes the upper layers of the epidermis, which also speeds up the process of skin renewal. The skin becomes smooth and healthy, reduces wrinkles.
Facial scrub with sea salt
- Mix a teaspoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt. Apply the mixture on the cleaned wet face and massage in circular motions. Rinse with warm water, then cool. Do not forget to apply the cream for the face.
Salt is a mild exfoliant, which restores the skin. Aloe vera moisturizes, heals, lavender is a natural antiseptic which increases circulation.
- Mix a half cup of salt, a quarter cup of gel or aloe vera juice, a quarter cup of olive oil, one tablespoon of dried lavender flowers and ten drops of lavender essential oil. The resulting mixture should form a thick paste. If it is too thick and dry, add a little more oil. This mixture is applied to wet skin of the whole body in a shower with a sponge or hands, massaging in a circular motion.
– A teaspoon of strong coffee, green or black tea
– A teaspoon of soy milk or cream
Sea salt absorbs dirt and toxins, cleanses pores, softens and gives elasticity to the skin. Minerals help restore the skin’s protective barrier and keep it moisturized. You will notice that your skin is smoothed, which suggests good wetting. Magnesium sea salt may also help reduce water retention. In addition, sea salt relieves muscle tension and soothes the skin, removing irritation from insect bites, minor rashes. It used it for the treatment of eczema, psoriasis. It helps with blisters on his feet and tired legs. Also helps bath with sea salt if you have pigmentation or too tanned in the sun.
- Add 1/3 cup of sea salt to a bath filled with warm water and dissolve it well. Take a bath for 15-30 minutes.
The stores have a huge selection of bath salts. Such cans have different colors. And it’s not just. Cool colors of salt, such as purple or blue, usually soothing. A warm, such as orange and yellow – activated. Choosing a bath salt in a store, make sure it is not crumpled.
But not necessarily to buy expensive salt mixture in the store. They can cook for themselves. You can add chopped dried herbs, citrus zest. For example:
Orange: soothes dry, irritated skin and acne-prone. Great for rubbing on the calluses on his feet.
Lavender: eases tension, relieves pain, disinfect the skin, improves blood circulation and treats diseases of the respiratory tract. Due to its antiseptic and anti-fungal properties, lavender is good for the treatment of skin diseases, including wounds and burns.
Lemongrass: relieves symptoms of jetlag, relieves headaches and stress.
Such ingredients are mixed with sea salt and ready-mix is ??stored in a glass jar in a dark place at room temperature. Before ispolzvaniem essential oils can be added. Also in the bath, you can add oatmeal, mustard powder, freshly squeezed juices of citrus, herbal infusions (eg, chamomile, licorice, valerian)
Daily salt baths can cause rashes and redness. Make them no more than twice a week.
- To remove the puffiness in the eye area, apply eye cotton pads soaked in a solution of 1 teaspoon of salt and warm water.
Steam bath with salt
Do this procedure before peeling to open pores.
- In a small saucepan pour water, add 1/3 cup of sea salt. Give boil. Pour the water into a bowl and sit over it and cover with a towel. Keep your face over the steam for 10 minutes.
Tray for feet from calluses and rough heels with salt
- Mix equal parts of baking soda, corn flour and sea salt. In a bowl, pour warm water and strongly dilute the mixture in it. Lower the leg, hold for 10 minutes, and then treat the foot, heel and toes brush. Wipe off and apply moisturizer.
Salt is usually considered to be harmful to hair as it contains sodium, which has its side effects. However, sea salt contains 26 minerals that are beneficial for the hair.
Sea salt makes the hair soft, supple, shiny, voluminous. It moisturizes and protects the hair, restores damaged hair, saturating them with useful substances.
It is an excellent natural remedy for people with oily hair. Sea salt absorbs excess sebum, normalizes the sebaceous glands and makes the hair smooth and beautiful.
If you have hair was falling out, then try to use to treat them as black salt. It has many essential minerals that help boost natural hair growth. Moreover, it strengthens the hair and treats split ends.
Salt from Dandruff
Salt skrabiruet scalp by removing dead skin flakes of dandruff. It also allows nutrients means for hair care is better absorbed. It stimulates the blood circulation, so that the scalp becomes healthier. Improving the access of oxygen to the hair roots, which stimulates their growth. It also absorbs excess oil and moisture, which prevents the growth of fungi and suppress dandruff.
- Separate the hair into strands and sypte salt on the scalp. Wet fingers massage the head for 5-15 minutes. Wash your hair with shampoo.
For dry scalp this procedure do not more than 1 time per week for oily – 2 times a week. So for 6 weeks. Then, a few months break.
- In a bowl with warm water and a solution of 3 tablespoons of sea salt. Rinse the hair, massaging the scalp for 5-8 minutes, rinsing the hair at the roots. Wash your hair with shampoo as usual.
From personal experience:
This procedure is done before every wash head (my head 2 times a week). An hour before shampooing the hair put on burdock. Preheat a small amount of oil in a water bath. Then directly to comb natural bristle pour oil and comb the hair over the entire length. Then moisten the fingertips in the oil and make them a head massage. I am covering the hair with a towel on top and polyethylene. An hour later, I take a bowl and pour half a cup of fine sea salt. Lightly moisten the hair and parted nanoshu salt. Then gently and easily massaging the scalp.
But the main thing here is not much to rub, to avoid damaging the skin. Skrabiruyu about 3-5 minutes. The skin begins to lightly pinch. That to me is a signal that it’s time to rinse. In this basin pour warm water, dissolve the salt and rinse hair thoroughly, especially washing the scalp. Salt also absorbs fat from burdock oil. Then my hair with shampoo. Now you need to apply a moisturizing hair mask, especially in the roots and hold for 5-10 minutes, then rinse.
The mask should be such that can be applied to the hair roots. If you do not apply the mask, the skin of the head may dry up. After all, when we make peeling face, then later applied to the skin moisturizer, otherwise the skin will dry and shrink. For the scalp is also necessary. No purchase masks for hair, make, for example, kefir or the egg (yolk). But then the mask needs to be done before washing the hair with shampoo. The result was evident from the first time.
Hair become soft and somehow in a special clean when shampooing. But it dropped even more hair than usual. This is believed to fall weak brittle hair, so that on the head stay there for long. If you do this procedure regularly salt, the intensity will start to grow new healthy hair. Make a scrub head start after there was a lot of dandruff and hair fall out strongly. On his head was just clumps of dandruff. After the first procedure at once a sense of cleanliness in the skin and freedom from clumps of dandruff in the hair.
There was a pleasant warmth. Dandruff fewer. But from one procedure, of course, one should not expect miracles. We need patience and reasonable regularity, without fanaticism. The salt may add essential oil, that give effect and improve freshness. But with essential oil, be careful. Do not forget that a lot of it can not be used: a few drops.
Salt for hair volume
Salt adds volume to hair, removing excess fat from the scalp.
- Mix equal parts of Epsom salts and hair conditioner. Apply the mixture only on the hair roots. Hold for 20-30 minutes, then rinse.
Shampoo for Hair with Salt
Due to its cleansing properties, rock salt helps to remove dead cells from the scalp with hair and dirt without stripping its natural oils needed for healthy hair.
- In your shampoo add salt and wash your head as usual.
Home fixing hair spray with sea salt
- Dissolve a teaspoon of sea salt in 200 grams of warm water in a spray bottle. Add half a teaspoon of liquid coconut oil and a bit of hair gel. Shake well and spray on damp hair. Dry hair, shaking their hands to create soft waves. This will give your hair shine spray.
Teeth whitening salt
Salt is a gentle abrasive that removes plaque, stains and whitens teeth. It also contains a natural source of fluorine, which is useful for teeth and gums.
- On the toothpaste on the brush roll in finely ground salt and brush your teeth as usual.
Rinsing the mouth with salt solution
Salt acts as a disinfectant to kill the germs that cause bad breath and gum disease.
- Mix half a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of baking soda in a quarter cup of water. Stir until completely dissolved. Rinse your mouth with this mixture.
Salt for healthy nails
Salt softens the cuticle and skin and strengthens nails. Soda and lemon juice bleach, removing yellow spots. The nails become more beautiful and healthy.
- In a small bowl, pour half a glass of warm water. Pour one teaspoon of salt, one teaspoon of baking soda and add a teaspoon of lemon juice. Soak nails in the solution for 10 minutes, then treat the fingers and nails with a soft brush. Wash your hands and apply a nourishing cream.
Cost-effective, powerful and easily accessible, the salt is idaelnym means for domestic sanitary-resort treatment. This tool will make your skin and hair beautiful and healthy, keeping the purse of embezzlement on expensive beauty products and treatments.